- Is the key to the economic success of companies in the information age.
- Networks come small, medium, and large.
a. A small network is typified by a LAN that connects computers in a university laboratory or in one department.
b. A large network is typically one that connects geographically distributed units of an organization using
- To measure the usage of the network resources in order to distribute costs and resources.
- Yes, it’s becoming a more important part of the network management as the sizes of networks grow.
- To Collect Baseline Utilization Data, Collecting a History of Utilization Data, and Notification of Thresholds.
- The Performance of a network is determined by the network’s ability to satisfy the needs of multiple users.
- To manage and maintain availability of Resources to the users.
- User Rights- The rights given to me on a use of a network PC
c. Policy - My Rules
d. Proactive Prevention- Not allowing me to Perform functions that may affect the ability of my PC
e. Performance – the bandwidth provided to me
- It explains how it alarms the potential faults that have the greatest probability of affecting network availability.
- MIB’s have additional objects that are specific to a particular device.
- Will use Centralize since Distributed will have to be more into detail in regards to the size of the network the implementation
choices and how costly it will be. One must have to anticipate future requirements and take into account scalability of the
design and technology choices.