- In the 1st
- In the 3rd Layer.
- Map the variable to the subsystem that has stored the value and returns
the value to SNMP.
- To give variables to the SNMP process.
- Store’s MIB Variables.
- Variables are ( VariableID) and (Variable Value ) to identify associated
values that identifies a specific failure that may be provided.
- 7 Commands
- Purpose of Traps is to inform the Management Station of events that may
require action by a network manager.
- MIB has an Object Identifier that defines it’s location in the tree.
- It contains 10 objects
- Command returns 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.0, The Object Identifier or sysObjectID.0,
because sysObjectID.0 is the next object in the lexicographical order that has a value.
- With a Community Name that is an SNMP "password".
- SNMP process extracts the MIB variable and passes it to the appropriate
- Is the ipRoute NextHop instance in the third row.